- For those of you that watch Duck Dynasty, they have remodeled their website. DuckCommander.com
- Anyone been hunting in Utah lately? $8000 reward for info on a poacher doesn’t sound like a bad idea… I’m thinking of calling and spouting off some names just in hopes of getting lucky!
- I have been contacted by Wright’s Liquid Smoke, which is actually an excellent accessory ingredient to my grilling, about a contest they have coming up on December 9th for a $500 Bass Pro Gift card. I will post more about it as the contest nears, but make sure to like their Facebook Page to stay informed!
- For those of you that like Zeiss, here is a promotion they have going on if you buy any of the following products by Dec. 31st:
- • Terra 3X Riflescopes ($20 Prepaid AMEX gift card)
- • Terra ED Binoculars ($20 Prepaid AMEX gift card)
- • Conquest HD Binoculars (Federal Duck Stamp)
- • Conquest Duralyt Riflescopes ($100 Prepaid AMEX gift card)
- Of course Cabelas is also having a Cyber Week Online Sale Only… I wouldn’t even know about these sales if it wasn’t for me posting to the website. Kind of nice, but I sure seem to spend a little more money than normal now!
- And you are not going to find a better deal on the GoPro Hero 3 Black Edition anywhere than Cabelas. I so wish I would have waited for this deal and saved a bunch!
- Not only is Amazon going to use drones to deliver us packages to our front door step, but us hunters are also going to use them in the search and destruction of the wild hog population! All you have to do is attach an infrared camera, then Woolah, you have a hog hunting scout to help lead the way to them!
- I believe the 2nd Rut is starting to hit here in North Texas. I have received several reports that the bucks are starting to chase again… hopefully we will all bag ol’ big this time!
Here is the recipe of all recipes thanks to Wright’s Liquid Smoke!
Venison Ribs Courtesy Ohio Department of Natural Resources
Many people discard ribs, throwing away one of the best parts of the deer. Venison ribs don’t have as much meat as pork or beef, but are delicious none the less and should hold a high priority in the kitchen.
Cut ribs (about 3 to 4-pound slab) into serving size pieces. Parboil in a large Dutch oven in mixture of 3 cups water, 1½ cups beer, 5 peppercorns, 2 cloves garlic and 1 quartered onion. Heat oven to 350°F. Place ribs on a rack in a large roasting pan. Brush with sauce (recipe follows). Bake for about 45 minutes to an hour, turning several times and basting with sauce.
1 cup tomato sauce
1/3 cup water
1/3 cup olive oil
¼ cup lemon juice
2 Tbsp. brown sugar
½ cup finely diced onion
¼ cup chili sauce
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper
2 tablespoons honey
1 teaspoon paprika
½ teaspoon dry mustard
1 teaspoon Liquid Smoke
Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan. Heat to almost boiling then simmer for 20 minutes.