- I have my first group of hunters booked for me to guide on opening morning of duck season. It is going to be an awesome year for ducks and I cannot wait to get started. For those of you that have never been duck hunting, you are truly missing out!
- How would you like to be sitting in your bow stand to only have a couple of choices to make in a matter of seconds: you have to either A) Jump out of your stand to the ground as fast as possible or B) Sit in you stand and be cut into tiny pieces? I would choose A)
- I saw a guy last night at Wally World that was spray painting 5 inch by 7 foot PVC green in the parking lot. He was making free flowing deer feeders. They are very good feeders to have; he even made a trough for the corn to spill out a couple of feet. Not a bad idea! Here is a post of one from the state of Georgia! I’m thinking I may work on getting some of these made to put around my bow stand.
- For the men and women with kids ready to hunt… this weekend is Special Youth Season!
- It is getting crunch time for the Big Buck Competition! If you haven’t signed up yet, you better get with it, especially all you bow hunters who have not gotten a big one yet! I’ve also changed a rule where you can sign up during the competition, but cannot have an animal harvested for scoring for 3 days from sign up…
- Lock your doors, your gates, your house… they are coming for your deer blinds!
For those of you that like mudding, drinking, crazy/daring things, skimpy costumes, and a huge crowd. Rednecks with Paychecks is having their Redneck Halloween this weekend in Saint Jo, Texas!
- The Fort Worth Cabelas is having a class on how to cook Turkey Jerky at 11:00 a.m. this Saturday in front of the store. I have no idea how to cook jerky!
- Cabelas is also having their Waterfowl Sale! Just FYI
- And is it just me or does Bass Pro’s website look like one giant Ad? They really could use some upgrading to their marketing department because nothing is appealing about an overrun website of ads… I didn’t even try to browse the site!