Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ask a Question

You can carry a pistol in your vehicle as long as it is concealed.

The CHL allows you to carry on your person while it is concealed.

The Sept 1 law allowed several changes to the law. In short...

1. The class was reduced from 10 hrs min to 4 hrs
    2. You can qualify with either a revolver or semi auto and be allowed to carry either once your license has been issued.
    3. Dps now uses your driver's license photo for your CHL instead of taking pass port photos

I've been a CHL instructor for the past 4 years

Great info. Never even gave that a thought.

Did they change anything on the renewal??

Also just found out you can take the Hunter's Education online, been wondering when this was going to happen...

You can take the renewal online too effective Sept 1.

I haven't personally checked it but heard it wasn't techinically set up at the moment. If that was true, I would expect it to be up and running any day.

That's awesome, my GF just renewed her CHL and had to sit through a half day if I remember correctly...

On the Hunters Ed. I was reading somewhere a company out of Dallas is already up and running and more should be following suit... can't remember where I saw it but it may have been on the parks and wildlife website

I too heard about Hunters Ed being online now but haven't spoke with anybody who has taken it yet.

Simpson, you read that on the main site.... I just wrote about it last week I'm on it Billy!

Haha new i read it somewhere badass!!

Well Boys, I am all legal now so I CAN give you advice. However, you have to remember even an attorneys advice will still you get arrested if your doing something jacked up so don't ask me how to beat the law or the Billy's will have to lay down the law. BUT, if you have an honest question please don't hesitate to ask it!

Anything posted in this section I get phone notices on so I can generally respond back pretty quick.

Quote Originally Posted by Simpson View Post
    Well Boys, I am all legal now so I CAN give you advice. However, you have to remember even an attorneys advice will still you get arrested if your doing something jacked up so don't ask me how to beat the law or the Billy's will have to lay down the law. BUT, if you have an honest question please don't hesitate to ask it!

Anything posted in this section I get phone notices on so I can generally respond back pretty quick.
    Congrats on the accomplishment!