Thread: Pheasant Hunt

Pheasant Hunt

Well, I leave in the morning to head to South Dakota for opening weekend of pheasant season. I have never been pheasant hunting before, so I am pretty excited about this trip. I have heard good things about guide service we are using, so hopefully it is a sucessful hunt. Once I heard the hunt does not start until noon each day, I knew this was the hunt for me!!!

Enjoy sleeping in! Lot of walking so you are going to need the rest! Have an awesome time and make sure to post pics when you back

They did not bother to tell me about all of the walking until I was already sold on sleeping off the hangovers!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Boo3636 View Post
    They did not bother to tell me about all of the walking until I was already sold on sleeping off the hangovers!!!
    Well if you dont sleep it off I promise you that you will walk it off! Good luck, it should be awesome hunt!!! You and Randy need to stay out of that shine

Quote Originally Posted by Taylor Everett View Post
    Well if you dont sleep it off I promise you that you will walk it off! Good luck, it should be awesome hunt!!! You and Randy need to stay out of that shine
    If he brings any shine, I doubt it makes it all the way to South Dakota!!!

Hell, it didnt make it from Bridgeport to the Peach Ochard last time That's some good stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Taylor Everett View Post
    Hell, it didnt make it from Bridgeport to the Peach Ochard last time That's some good stuff
    Why are you up so early and on the internet?

Well, it has been a while, but man what a great trip that was. I am now hooked on Pheasant hunting. I can not wait to go back. The best part of hunting Pheasant in South Dakota was that fact that you dont shoot your limit each day. (Ok, that was actually the second best part. The best part was as described above, you cant hunt until noon!!) You shoot the limit of the group each day. We had 7 people in our immedeate group, and about 25 in the larger group. Usually we started out in the small group, and then we would end the day with the larger group. We killed our limit in a couple of hours or less each day. We had the luck of hunting with a bunch of people from Houston and San Antonio and they could not shoot to save their lives, so after we killed our limit we went with the larger group and finished off their limit.

The guide service we used provided breakfast, lunch, and dinner everyday. I can not imagine a better time on a hunt. For anyone that has never been I would highly recommend going. The guides were awesome, and since they also have a hunting license, you get to kill their limit as well each day. I was able to get a few photo's, but the guides were pretty strict about only taking a picture of the amount of birds that we were allowed in our small group. The second day of the hunt the wind was blowing out of the north about 35 mph, and man were those big ole birds moving fast with the wind. That was my favorite day of the hunt, becasue I am not sure the larger group hit more than ten total birds that whole day. We had one guy in our small group that could not hit a bird the first day, but I wont mention any names becsue he is a considerable amount bigger than me and knows where I live. At least he had it down by the second day, the guys from Houston never did.

photo (640x503).jpgphoto (2) (480x640).jpgphoto (6) (640x480).jpgphoto (5) (640x480).jpg

I'm Jealous! That looks like an awesome hunt and fun time!