- So far 22 teams have signed up for the Turkey Contest we are hosting. That puts the pot for first place over $400 not including the fan and beard mount. Only 3.5 more days to sign up!
- For those of you down in Waco, the World Predator and Wild Hog Expo is April 19-21 at the Waco Convention Center. I wish that was a little closer to North Texas.
- From what I hear, the crappie are biting, and biting very well!
- Gobbler season has already started in the South Zones of Texas! This Saturday, us here in the North Zone will have at it!
- Since it is the beginning of Spring Turkey Season, here are a couple of simple recipes.
- If I would have had a slingshot, like the one in the picture, when I was in my youth… there would have been trouble everywhere! I may even get one for my boy and let him have at it, they are very expensive. Passing cars better lookout!
- I thought this was a pretty genius idea! Mojo came up with a magnetic stick, the “Pick Stick”, for picking up all of your empty shotgun shells. I’m not sure how well it works, but I may give it a try before my back gives out from bending over to pick them all up next dove season!
- Good luck to all the Turkey hunters here in North Texas this weekend and hopefully I’ll be scoring a couple of bird for the contest. I will make sure and take pictures of the birds as well!